Re: LV Device Missing

On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 03:01:38AM -0000, Ian Petts wrote:
> I'm fairly new to LVM, but I've been having an intermittant problem that
> I hope someone can help me with.
>
> Every few (2-10ish) reboots of my machine, my LV fails to be recognised.
>
>  [snipping diagnostic data]
>
> I've spent a fair bit of time Googling for an answer or at least someone
> else with the same problem, but so far have not found anything that
> looks similar.
>
> Can someone please assisst, or point me to an appropriate resource to
> get this fixed?
>
> Thanks,
> Ian.

Well, I wouldn't rule out some hardware problem. ISTM that
intermittent, otherwise unexplainable problems could be related to
hardware issues. What explains the difference in clock and bus speed
in the boot example? If you are able, I'd suggest swapping some
hardware around and see if you can't track that down. Also, take good
backups ... you don't want a disk problem to become a disk disaster.