Re: How do you grow brocolli?

----- Original Message ----
From: Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@sbcglobal.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Friday, 28 April, 2006 9:39:58 PM

>"Read my lips" is a metaphor, I do believe.
>The literal meaning is "pay close attention to what I say",
>so it is certainly a figure of speech.

I disagree. To ask someone to read your lips is literally giving an instruction. "Read" as in "read".

Anyway - it's much safer reading someone's lips, rather than a book. Have you never suffered a paper cut?  We're working on banning books (and obviously all paper items) this side of the Pond. It's part of our "prevent" rather than "cure" rationale. It'll save the NHS millions.

--
Matt