hw_random

I am trying to get to the bottom of a 'FATAL' error that has appeared
in my boot time messages ever since initial installation of my Etch
system.

The message concerned is:

Fri Apr 28 22:10:53 2006: Detecting hardware...Discovered hardware for these modules: hw_random yenta_socket ohci1394 8139too ipw2200 piix ata_piix snd_hda_intel usb_uhci ehci_hcd
Fri Apr 28 22:10:53 2006: Loading hw_random module...
Fri Apr 28 22:10:53 2006: FATAL: Error inserting hw_random (/lib/modules/2.6.15-1-686/kernel/drivers/char/hw_random.ko): No such device

I gather the attempt to load the module is based on the output of
the discover command:
    fujitsu:/home/digbyt# discover --enable=pci --module bridge

    hw_random

    yenta_socket
    ohci1394
    fujitsu:/home/digbyt# discover --enable=pci --model bridge
    Mobile 915GM/PM/GMS/910GML Express Processor to DRAM Controller
    82801 Mobile PCI Bridge
    82801FBM (ICH6M) LPC Interface Bridge
    RL5c476 II
    R5C552 IEEE 1394 Controller

Which seems to be concluding that "82801FBM (ICH6M) LPC Interface Bridge"
has hardware which is supported by hw_random.

But attempting to load the module produces the following message being
logged: "hw_random: RNG not detected".

Does anyone know who is right? Is this a bug in discover imagining
hardware that isn't there, or is it a problem with the driver not
being configured correctly for (or perhaps not supporting) the hardware
that is there? I'm not sure which should get the bug report..

I assume that I can put something in /etc/discover.conf to suppress this,
but I am not sure that there isn't a hardware random number generator
that simply isn't being configured properly.

Regards,
DigbyT
http://www.digbyt.com