Re: etch and several problems

On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 02:44:51AM +0300, Andrius A__trauskas wrote:
  <snip>
> (I also deleted normal user account and directory and created it again
> before editing xorg.conf - don't know if it's necessary).

That should rarely be necessary to get something working, but creating a
new user and trying the same action with it can be a useful diagnostic
to spot config problems and permissions errors.  You don't usually want
to completely get rid of your home, as all sorts of things get stored
there, often things like email, in addition to your config files; and
that way you're not really sure which config file caused the problem, so
it will be harder to fix if it comes along again.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
You tread upon my patience.