Re: mutt MUA / exim4 MTA question clarification(I hope):

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 07:02:30PM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> Where is the string used for From in email composed in Mutt
> specified? I want to set up a different name for my email
> than I use for my userID on my host.
>
> TIA
> --
> Paul E Condon
> pecondon@mesanetworks.net

I don't think my question is very clear as written. In
my email the return address is username is pecondon.
The configuration of exim doesn't say anything about
what to use for username, so I suppose the username
part of the return address is written by mutt. But
when a compose a message I see no way of specifying
who I want to say I am. Some piece of software is
configured to assume that my signon name on my computer
should be used as my email name. I want it to be
different. How?

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net