Re: setting up an encrypted filesystem..

Digby Tarvin:

> However it seems that I need to add an entry to /etc/modprobe.d in
> order to get the device mapper module loaded. Or should it be
> /etc/modules.conf or /etc/modules that I edit?

Modules which you want to load at boot have to be named in /etc/modules
(one module name er line).

> Is this expected behavior - should I not have expected that
> installing cryptosetup to have done this?

Don't know. Generally, every module should be loaded automatically with
recent kernels. There may be exceptions.

J.
--
At night I go to the kitchen; specifically, the knife drawer.
[Agree]   [Disagree]