Re: hey

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 09:53 +0200, robin@silvereye.se wrote:
> hi, im having probs formatting and partition my other disc.
>
> im new to debian so i dont basically know what most commands do.

(Please use a much more descriptive Subject.  I almost deleted
your email thinking it was spam.)

> i use hda1 with 40gig of space where Debian is installed.
> i have another disc with 250gig of space.
>
> i need to format and partition the other disc into two pieces of
> which are 125gig each. (or one with 125gig and one with the rest)
>
> could you tell me how to do this?

Are you running GNOME or KDE?  Sarge/stable, Etch/testing or Sid?

I ask that because that will determine which GUI app you can use
to partition it.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Politics [is] the art of achieving the maximum amount of freedom
for individuals that is consistent with the maintenance of social
order."
Senator Barry Goldwater (R-AZ)