Re: Compiling pgadmin3

Quoting Marco Rossi <swmrrossi@yahoo.com>:

Hi,

It seems to me pgadmin3 on debian unstable repository
has been compiled with a gcc version  different than
wxWidgets library required one.

So I decided to recompile pgadmin from deb-src
following the instructions I found here (ubuntu
oriented)
http://www.buberel.org/serendipity/index.php?/archives/219-Building-and-installing-pgadmin3-v1.4-for-Ubuntu-Linux.html
of cource, after an apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
in order to adjust gcc, libc etc to the latest
versiones.

I got no issues from apt-get build-dep pgadmin3, but
when I launch
apt-get -b source pgadmin3 pgadmin3-data

I receive:

/usr/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.5, needed by
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6.so, may conflict with
libstdc++.so.6
ctlComboBox.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV11ctlComboBox[vtable
for ctlComboBox]+0x2ec): undefined reference to
`non-virtual thunk to wxComboBox::GetCount() const'

The problem should derive from wxWidgets installed,
but it seems to me quite strange that a so-popular
library has such issue.

Is there anyone who has successfully recompiled
pgadmin3 ?

Since you don't say which versions of which packages you are using, I am not sure about the specific problem. However, you may want to try the approach I give in my package customization HOWTO:

http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto/howtos/debcustomize

That approach will have you build inside of a pbuilder chroot, which will ensure that your package builds and (hopefully) installs cleanly.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto