Re: ssh via inetd the Debian way

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 13:59 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Greg Folkert wrote:
> > Why would one want sshd to run from inetd?
>
>     Machine with low RAM that I rarely access via ssh.  I do need access from
> time to time via ssh however.  500k of a resident ssh is 500k I could free up
> by moving it to inetd.

Fairy-nuff. I was just making sure you weren't doing it for the wrong
reason. Many people do things like this for the wrong reason thinking it
is the "right way" under direction from some website claiming
"Know-All".

But as some of us understand, there is a right time and wrong time to do
everything.

> >         ssh stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/sshd
>
>     For the record, -i at the end.

Sort of why I put the comment:

        Now, since I have not tested this at all... it should really
        work, though YMMV.

But anywho... you are quite correct.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net