Re: Performance issue on Stable

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 04:33:20PM +0100, IraqiGeek wrote:
> The Athlon XP 1800+ should be running at 1533MHz and not 1150MHz. It seems
> to me that your bus is running at 200MHz instead of 266MHz. If its a new
> setup, check the motehrboard manual, there should either be a jumper or a
> DIP switch to change the bus to 266MHz or you should have that option in
> the BIOS. Your system's performance after getting the bus speed corrected
> should increase by at least 50%.

Thanks for the top.  That Athlon machine is a few years old, so maybe
there's a reason for the slower bus -- but I'll look into it.

But in this case it's the Intel Xeon that's running slow (compared to
the Athlon).

So I'm looking for a few benchmarking ideas to isolate what might be
the reason for the "faster" server's poor performance.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org