Re: 4GB HD only reporting half capacity (2GB) -- SOLVED!

BTW, any good recs for drives?  Is storagereview.com basically the best
place to look?

I'm still using a 4.5 GB SCSI disk (with 50-pin interface) as my main
storage, and one these days would like to upgrade to something a bit
more modern (with only 10x or 20x the space :-)...

However, given that what I've got now seems to be insanely robust and
reliable (I bought it _used_ many years ago), I'm rather nervous about
newer ATA drives, as I hear they're quite a bit less reliable in general.

[Other than reliability, noise is also a more important factor than
speed for me, but I'm under the impression that modern drives with
"liquid bearings" (or whatever) are usually pretty good about noise.]

Thanks,

-Miles
--
Suburbia: where they tear out the trees and then name streets after them.