Re: GNOME meta-package broken in Testing ?

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 03:13:01PM +0530, Toufeeq Hussain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm facing this probelm in Etch.
> I installed Debian(Desktop) using the Sarge CD. Migrated apt to
> testing and upgraded all packages.GNOME however did not upgrade.
>
> I tried upgrading GNOME with :
> apt-get install gnome-desktop-environment but got the following error.
>
> ===
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.

>   gnome-desktop-environment: Depends: gnome-core (= 1:2.12.3) but 64
> is to be installed
>                              Depends: evolution (>= 2.4.1) but it is
> not going to be installed
> E: Broken packages
>
> Can anyone point me to the BUG which corresponds to this probelm or a
> resolution ?

I don't see a corresponding bug report at:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=evolution
So either it's not known, or not really a bug.  Try 'apt-get install
evolution' and continue going until you get to a package that says 'not
installable' and report that package.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
  Generated by Signify v1.14.  For this and more, visit http://www.debian.org/