Re: Empty GNOME menu?

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 04:13:45PM +0100, Liam O'Toole wrote:
>On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:40:23 +0100
>Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm running a Debian Sid system and for the last few days my GNOME
>> Applications menu has been totally empty. When clicked on I can see
>> the entire menu flicker for a second then it disappears, leaving only
>> a small empty square (I guess about 2x2 pixels).
>>
>> On my other Sid system, which I also keep up-to-date I don't have this
>> problem, leaving me somewhat confused especially since I have the same
>> list of GNOME packages on both systems.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to address this?
>>
>> /M
>>

>Try comparing the output of
>
>    dpkg -l *menu* | grep ^ii
>
>on both systems.

Ah, look at that. menu was missing, I suppose there's some interaction
between menu-xdg (which was installed) and menu (which wasn't).

Thanks!

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

And a government of the people, by the people and for the people will
not enact laws that support DRM in any way.
     -- Richard M. Stallman on DCMA and DRM, ANU talk