Re: port forwarding problem. Probably easy if you know how.

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 14:56:13 -0400, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:

[...]

> Does shorewall find and install the missing kernel modules. wherever
> they are?  Or does it just use iptables, whose docs say it tries to
> load them (but it is evidently not succeeding).
>
> I *have* the set of iptables commands I need.
> They *used* to work.
> They *don't* work now.

A brute-force approach to your problem would be to just modprobe every
single netfilter module that you have:

ls -1 /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter | grep '\.ko$' | sed 's/\.ko$//' | modprobe $(cat)

If that works you could find the unused modules with lsmod and remove
them until you end up with only the ones which you really need.

--
Regards,
          Florian