Re: distributions: UBUNTU vs DEBIAN

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> Here's what I don't understand: If you like what other distributions
> do better, why are you so busy trying to convince debian to change?
> Why not just switch to one of the several distros you've mentioned?

    Several?  I've mentioned one.  Why?  Because at the core it is Debian and
I think like any good open source project when a fork occurs one should look
honestly and what the fork is doing and incorporate what it is doing better
into the mainline project.  The alternative, of course, is that the mainline
project dies out.