browser woes

mozilla-firefox: crashes at every attempt to save anything.

mozilla-browser: works fine immediately after restarting gnome
but if I need to restart the browser the 'File' menu disappears,
nothing that would be in the 'File' menu works, and the throbber
keeps throbbing. Restarting it again results in *all* the standard
menu items disappearing.

seamonkey: run from a directory in my home directory (untarred from
the official tarball) all the problems of mozilla-browser *plus* there
is a multi-line (10?) unused grey area at the bottom.

Am I the only one experiencing these problems?

I'm running Etch and do all the updates every morning.

--
"[E]lections amount to no more than choosing between the scum that
 floats to the top of the barrel and the dregs that settle to the