Re: Firefox Acroread plugin not working

Adam Hardy wrote:

Chris Lale on 22/04/06 08:53, wrote:

Now here's a strange thing. The plugin is provided by the mozilla-acroread package. The package description includes this:

   This package contains the plugin for a www-browser like
   mozilla/firefox/galeon/konqueror

The plugin works fine in konquereor, but not in firefox, mozilla, epiphany or galeon which all have the 'plug-in failed to initialize' error in an Adobe Reader dialogue box. So perhaps the problem lies with mozilla/gecko? I suppose that I could purge and reinstall mozilla, but that seems a bit heavy-handed. The other thing that I might try is installing Adobe Reader from a tarball. I suspect that this is what you did as you do not have the mozilla-acroread package installed. Is that right?

Just a random suggestion, but are you trying out different PDFs? I keep coming across PDFs that come up with errors, admittedly not yours though.

You could try a PDF on your local drive too as well as a pdf on the net.

Thanks Adam - I am already doing this and no PDFs load in Mozilla-based browsers. The PDF files are fine since they load in Konqueror.

Chris.