Re: distributions: UBUNTU vs DEBIAN

Joey Hess wrote:
> Er, my point is that whinging about Debian's policy not allowing it to
> support installing to hardware that needs non-free drivers is pointless
> when there are examples of hardware that needs non-free drivers which
> Debian has been made to install to just fine. Most of this thread is
> based on false assumptions.

    No, it's not, Joey.  There's a difference between "Debian's policy not
allowing it to support" and "has been made to install just fine".  Debian, as
a project vs. Debian as the OS.  I'm pointing out the difference between "Oh,
you're on your own kid because that's BAD AND EVIL AND WRONG AND YOU'LL BURN
IN HELL!!!" versus the pragmatic approach (one that was much more evidenced in
Debian of years past) of "This'll get'cha going, it works but it's BAD AND
EVIL AND WRONG and you really should convert to something else."