Re: Postfix migration and Kolab?

On 2006-04-22T19:07:02-0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Saturday 22 April 2006 14:35, Allan Wind wrote:
> > On 2006-04-22T13:32:13-0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > > Can it do per-user spamc configs (like dman's old spamassasin setup)?
> >
> > This would be a spamassasin configuration item for you to look into, I
> > don't know off hand.
>
> Well, the MTA needs to run spamc as the user that will be receiving the mail.

amavis-new, which I use, appears to communicate with postfix using its
policy delegation protocol, and uses a perl API to communicate with
spamassasin.  You can certainly run spamc from procmail and do so per
user, but can you configure postfix to run spamc on a per user basis?

> > Performance wise, you are better off running
> > spamassasin daemons rather than spamc, and I do so via amavisd-new.
>
> Umm, spamd is worthless without spamc to connect to it.

Thanks for catching that.  What I meant to say is that you are better
off using amavis-new than spamc, as you avoid forks.

/Allan