Re: lightweight mta / mailing list manager

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 08:00:32PM +0200, Eliteforce wrote:
> i am looking for a lightweight (and easy configurable ;) mta and mailing
> list manager.

I think qmail and ezmlm are pretty nice, but ...

> I'm open for every suggestion, as long as it is free software :P

... they are not Free Software in the FSF/OSI sense.

They are distributed in source format, and you are free to modify the
code and redistribute your patches, but you are not permitted to
redistribute modified source or binaries.  (There are a few projects,
e.g. netqmail and ezmlm-idx, that have worked around this by
distributing patches and build scripts alongside the original pristine
tarballs.)

If you find the above licensing situation unacceptable, I'll second
Postfix as a nice MTA.