Re: google_desktop_tool

On Saturday 22 April 2006 09:08, Juraj Fedel wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 05:31:39PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > On Friday 21 April 2006 12:09, steef wrote:
> > The functionality that you're panicking about is disabled by default.
> > You have to go out of your way to turn it on.
>
> This is also very dangerous in my opinion. User will install it and get
> used to it. Then one day google will enable by default. Guess how
> many users will be aware of this?

You give Google too little credit.  Except for the whole China thing, when has
Google done the wrong thing?  They're number 1 and have a strong bottom line
because they put the users first, not their bottom line.

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber