Re: Installer error: Failure trying to run: chroot /target mount -t proc proc /proc

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 11:20:27PM +1000, CaT wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 12:27:30PM +0100, Robert Hulme wrote:
> > If I do 'chroot /target mount -t proc proc /proc' I get: chroot:
> > cannot execute mount: No such file or directory
> >
> > If I just 'mount' it lists the mounts ok. If I /target/mount it also
> > lists the mounts ok.
> >
> > 'chroot /target' results in:
> > chroot: cannot execute /bin/sh: No such file or directory
> >
> > Yet /bin/sh works as does /target/bin/sh !
>
> Sounds like glibc failed to install properly on your new setup. See if
> you get something meaningful for:
>
> $ ls -la /target/lib/ld-*
>
> and if this works:
>
> $ /target/lib/ld-<whatever your version is>.so

Just remembered; make sure that there's a symlink and a real file in
there and that both work.

How to get out of this if this is it, I'm not sure. I wouldn't trust
the install even if I could make executables execute. At best I'd say
install the unofficial amd64 sarge and dist-upgrade your way up if you
really do need etch.

Oh and file a bug with the installer team. :)

--
    "To the extent that we overreact, we proffer the terrorists the
    greatest tribute."