Re: O.T. dvd burning from the command line

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:36:14 -0500
Forrest Smith <forrestsmith@midsouth.rr.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 03:18:43PM -0700, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> > It's been a while since I attempted to burn a DVD from the command
> > line. I'm using Tsunami DVD authoring software under wine, and yes I
> > own my copy.
> >
> > When it generates the dvd structure, is has the AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS
> > structure complete.
> >
> > For the life of me, I gleaned the burning info from this group.
> >
> > I have, so far
> >
> > growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/(my burner) _________ /path/to/dvd-structure
> >
> > I cannot remember how to get it to look at the dvd structure path.
>

> Are you passing growisofs the path to an ISO?
>
> I use something like the following on a dvd directory (containing
> the AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folders):
>
>     mkisofs -dvd-video -o /NEW.ISO /path/to/dvd-directory
>
> then
>
>    growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/(myburner)=NEW.ISO
>
> Forrest

Thanks. No path to any iso, just the TS_AUDIO & TS_VIDEO. which I was
told is;

growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/(myburner) /path/to/files

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42@gmail.com>
Registered Linux User #96112

        Ben Franklin - 1759