Re: Onboard Modem

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 18:02 -0300, Fernando Augusto Bender wrote:
> I have already managed this part.
> I have got the so called converter, the same used to make PABX output
> lines to make calls to cell phones form the same operaotr telephone
> number. I am sure it works.
My apologies, I assumed too much...

> My problem resides in the mother board.
OK, as for the modem, you said it's a conexant.  They used to have
drivers for their HSF and HCF chipsets.  I don't know if they still do,
I think they changed it so you have to pay for it, but I might be
confusing them with someone else.  Either ways, those drivers worked
very well, so if you can make them work, you're set.  They came with a
install script that pretty much did everything for you, and created
a /dev/ttyHCF01 or something like that, which is basically the "serial"
port you use then just like you would use /dev/modem with a normal
external modem.

If you can't find those drivers I can dig out my copies and send them to
you, although I don't know how well they would work with current Debian
- I used them about three/four years ago.

Hans