Re: RAID Sizes (was Re: Why do people in the UK put a u in the word color?)

Mike McCarty wrote:
I can show you a meters tall stack of Electronics Magazines which
dispute that. Convention since I got involved (in about 1964 or so)
is "k" and "K" both mean 1000 when referring to electronics units.
It's no good looking there for rigor: capitals for big numbers (but only over kilo); upper and lower case don't match; no Greek font means you have to mew. It's only English: what's most true is what's most used; makes life (and technical lists) more interesting though.
Regards,
Dave Whelan.