Re: RAID Sizes (was Re: Why do people in the UK put a u in the word color?)

> Paul Johnson wrote:
> >That's right, except it's kb or kB (for kilobits and kilobytes
> >respectively), never KB or Kb.  k is "kilo," K is "Karat."

Paul just mistook prefixes and units...

"mm" is milimeter, where first 'm' means "mili" and second 'm' means
"meter". One letter can have more meanings.

On 19.04.06 11:49, Mike McCarty wrote:
> By convention, the "k" for "kilo" is permitted to be in either case.

once again, the convention was that small 'k' means 1000, while capital K
means 1024...

"Where do you want to go to die?" [Microsoft]