Re: package proxying

Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Thursday 20 April 2006 22:32, Lukas Ruf wrote:
>
>>is there a toolset that allows for package being proxied/cached on a
>>second host?
>

> apt-proxy does this, though if you use http apt sources, squid will do the
> job.

I would prefer apt-proxy.  Squid is not apt-aware.  That is, with
apt-proxy, you can:

- centrally control what repositories you access for packages
- decide how many versions back to keep each package
- limit cache to a specific size (though I am sure squid does this too)

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto