Re: debian as a sever OS

Deephay wrote:
Thx All.

I just want to know that how harmful it will be if I run testing on the server.
Now I basically decided to use the stable disto as the server's OS.
BTW: If anyone have some comments still, they are appreciated.

Deephay

In my opinion, a server has very well defined tasks.

So... you might as well run the most reliable, stable system you can find as the base system.

When you have that, you may need to upgrade _very_particular_ components, such as samba. You can do this manually, or by making use of backports.org.

For a linux fileserver in a windows network, samba is likely to be the only reason why you run the server, so it makes sense to focus the attention right there.

This gives the best of both worlds.