Re: debian as a sever OS

Peronally, I have servers, and I would never ever run *any* Linux other than Debian Stable. Using testing can be a problem, as upgrades don't always "just work". Using Stable is better, as you can assume that upgrading the system automatically will "just work".

The question you need to answer is what is it in Testing that you need to use? Is there a package in testing that you need that is not in stable? If so, grab the latest source from their official page and install from that.

Regards,
- Naz.

Deephay wrote:
Greetings all,

  I am wondering that if it is safe to using the testing distro (now
Etch) as the server's OS.
Any comment is appreciated very much.
thx!

Deepahy