Re: Grabbing a RM stream for offline viewing

Carl Fink wrote:
On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 04:07:15PM -0400, Curt Howland wrote:

wget and mimms are both choking on this one, "rtsp://host.example.org/directory/file.rm" I really don't have the time to view it online.

Is there something like mimms for "real" streams?

mplayer -ao pcm:file=filename.wav -vo dummy -vc dummy rtsp://host.domain/dir/file

The above assumes you only want to capture the audio.  Otherwise do the -vo
differently.  You can get mplayer from Christian Marillat's site.

I have used the -dumpaudio/dumpvideo/dumpstream flags with mplayer to get a raw dump of the actual stream as it is on the website. Specify the file name with dumpfile option.

HTH

Wackojacko