Re: Grabbing a RM stream for offline viewing

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 04:07:15PM -0400, Curt Howland wrote:

> wget and mimms are both choking on this
> one, "rtsp://host.example.org/directory/file.rm" I really don't have
> the time to view it online.
>
> Is there something like mimms for "real" streams?

mplayer -ao pcm:file=filename.wav -vo dummy -vc dummy rtsp://host.domain/dir/file

The above assumes you only want to capture the audio.  Otherwise do the -vo
differently.  You can get mplayer from Christian Marillat's site.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
   "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your