Re: building rpms on debian

On 4/19/06, Ek Zindagi <ekzindagi@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi :
On 4/19/06, Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:
> You can install the rpm package on Debian.  Now, whether you can make it
> work with build dependencies is another issue.  You may have to install
> the Debian equivalents and then force the build to ignore the
> dependencies.  There is information about this available via Google.

I have been searching for information on how to build rpms on debain
systems but havent been able to find out much.. apart from this one
link on the debain-users mailing list :
If you do know any more pertinent information, can you please forward
me the links ?

Thanks for your help.

Dhanvi

Why you want to build a rpm file ?