Re: How do you grow brocolli?

steef <steefvanduin@zonnet.nl> writes:
>> frightening amounts of processed and "fast" food. And possibly worse,
>> frightening *quantities* of it. The US obesity pandemic occasionally
>> makes the news here in Europe. Alas, I think the UK may be heading
>> steadily in the same direction.
> the trend here in holland is the same.

The same thing seems to be happening in many countries; many other bad
U.S. traits also seem to be gaining traction (e.g., insane car worship).

I suppose in the end it really comes down to the fact that humans are,
generally speaking, lazy and short-sighted, and "virtuous" cultural
attributes tend to come from necessity rather than virtue.  As soon as
the need goes away (due to increased wealth or whatever)...

.Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.