Debian Sarge and PC Chips M825: Modem on-board

Fellows!

Just to know it: Does somebody here experienced putting this onboard
modem to work on linux?

I connect to Internet through LAN, but I want to try doing it with a
cell phone, as we got phone call credits from the Telco every month
which we do not use completely.

I have find out a equipment that connects the modem to the phone, so the
cell phone will act as a wireless phone line.

I just need to make my Loyal Debian find out the onboard modem.

It's an old dream of mine, to access the Internet in Linux on a dial-up
modem. It has never worked before. But now I feel strong enough to
charge again.

What I know:

Take a driver that suits the kernel if its binary.
If it's the source: compile it, but the souce must be able to be
compiled by the current version of gcc or something like that of the
system.
If it's not the case, you have to force some flags like: kernel_version,
or others.
Well, I have passed through this before with no success.
But it's morning now, and I want to try it again.

Something changed in this process?

So any suggestion?

Thank you for your attention.

--
Ms. Eng. Fernando Augusto Bender
Pesquisador em Controle Automático

Use Linux: http://www.debian.org

Comer, beber e amar. O resto não vale um níquel.
Lord Byron