Re: problem chroot-ing apache2 in debian 3.1

Thank you too Gezim, and I am glad you have got it working.

Regards,

Ben

2006/4/18, Gezim Hoxha <gezimetc@shaw.ca>:
On Mon, 2006-17-04 at 16:43 +0200, Sonixxfx wrote:
> Gezim,
>
> If you have setup logging trough the /etc/init.d/syslogd script, could
> you let me know how you have achieved this? I believe I have had
> difficulties with it in the past, so if you let me know I can make use
> of it a next time I use makejail.

I'm not sure if it works but in /etc/init.d/sysklogd I change this line:
SYSLOGD=""
SYSLOGD=" -a /chroot/apache2/dev/log"

(I'm not sure whether this /dev/log device in the chroot env is created
by the makejail or not, so I haven't really tested the solution.)

That's all.

BTW, the chrooted apache now works.
What I'd done wrong was, I set the wrong path
in /usr/share/doc/makejail/example/apache2.py and so it wasn't working,
also I needed to change the APACHE2 and APACHE2CTL strings
(in /etc/init.d/apache2) to reflect the new root env.

Thanks for all your help.

-Gezim