Re: Printer for linux?

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 11:32:40PM +0100, Doofus wrote:
> Evening chaps,
>
> I'm in the market for a printer and would appreciate any
> recommendations. I should think this is an oft asked question, but since
> the printer market seems to move at a rapier like pace, thought it ok to
> ask again for any recent experiences.
>
> I'd like a networked monochrome laser printer with duplex printing.

I've no info 'bout your specific printer, sorry.

http://www.linuxprinting.org is the common suggestion for information
on this.

AFAIK, CUPS is probably the way to go for networking, and Samba comes
into play with Windows machines, IIRC.

Getting things set up is far, far easier than when I started with
Linux.  CUPS itself is pretty decent at getting you going by itself.

Cheers,

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,