Re: Dependencies in Debian Control file

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 02:43:12PM -0500, Ek Zindagoi wrote:
>Hi:
> I am creating a package in Debian and have some questions about
>specifying dependencies in the control file.
> The Dependencies make up five of the fields in a control file: Depends,
>Enhances, Pre-Depends, Recommends, and Suggests. But all the these fields
>accept package names and versions as arguments/parameters.
>
> My question is : Is there any way for me to specify a file as a parameter
>to the "Depends" dependency list along with the package list ?

Please tell us more, why do you want to put the existance of a file as a
dependency?

Would it not be enough to create the file, if it doesn't already exist,
when the package is installed?

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Hard work may not kill me, but why take the chance.