Dependencies in Debian Control file

Hi:
 I am creating a package in Debian and have some questions about
specifying dependencies in the control file.
 The Dependencies make up five of the fields in a control file: Depends, Enhances, Pre-Depends, Recommends, and Suggests. But all the these fields accept package names and versions as arguments/parameters.

 My question is : Is there any way for me to specify a file as a parameter to the "Depends" dependency list along with the package list ?

 Thanks for your replies.

Apprentice