Re: udev and CPU sensors

Adam Hardy wrote:
I upgraded my debian testing 2.6.16 udev so that I could use the latest
hotsynch software for my new phone, but the operation has brought down
my hardware monitoring.

In gkrellm, the CPU temps & voltages are no longer available.

I have been researching the issues. It looks like the appropriate
drivers have not been created - for instance, the following paths are
empty or non-existent:

/sys/bus/i2c/devices
/proc/sys/dev/sensors
/proc/acpi/thermal

I have a feeling from my present understanding of udev that perhaps udev
should be configured to sort out this stuff, but I'm not sure how.

I also switched to udev to be able to run 2.6.16-ck<x>.
It had sideeffects, but not in the area of lm-sensors.

Are you sure this is the result of udev? Because I still have those paths and have done nothing to get them there.