Re: msttcorefonts installed but not visible

On 17 Apr 2006, Liam O'Toole wrote:

> I can't speak for xorg (especially after the upgrade in sid), but for
> firefox and friends it doesn't matter. You need to concentrate on the
> client-side libraries fontconfig and freetype instead.
>
> Some things to look into:
>
> Does the file /etc/fonts/fonts.conf contain the entry
> "<dir>/usr/share/fonts</dir>"?

No it doesn't. How can I make it do so? (you are not supposed to edit it
directly, I think).

> Is the directory /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/ populated?

Yes

> What is the output of "fc-match 'Times New Roman'"?

arcadia:~:$ fc-match 'Times New Roman'
TimesNewRoman-Regular.ttf: "Times New Roman" "Regular"

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian