Re: Xorg

Well, I've been running my 7.0 desktop all weekend;

Granted I reviewed my dist-upgrade REMOVE, and added-back a few bits
after the upgrades

A quick look at /var/log/dpkg.log will tell you any bits that have been
removed (and may be preventing you from running your X).

You should have all your old .debs in /var/cache/apt/archive to go
backwards (using the output in dpkg.log) if you need too.

incoming.debian.org will tell you what is coming down the pipe

A final word of advice - I hope you have apt-listbugs installed so you
know about issues prior to upgrading.

This would show you:

I'd hold off on the latest xserver-org upgrade, as per the info that
should pop up on your display when you try to upgrade.

apt-get install apt-listbugs

Unstable shouldn't frustrating... but it can require a little debugging
at times .. but that's the fun of cutting edge.

Pull from experimental a little more often to keep your skillz sharp.
(That's where you will find xlibs 7.0 ).  But most of all .. have fun
doing it.

I'd suggest Ubuntu if you want something a little less cutting edge with
the constant stability and freshness of Debian testing.. even right
after a Stable freeze.

iMac.