Re: Xorg upgrade: Getting twm not kde

On 4/16/06, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> it's annoying to edit your own (linked, but still) .xinitrc as
> root ...
>
> If it's a multi-user system, user settings belong to the
> user's .xinitrc and not the global one.

I believe Matthew's point was that if you link .xinitrc to the
system-wide version, you'll still get your .xsession file sourced, as
well as a bunch of other setup scripts.  I'm used to setting
everything up by hand, so I've never really distinguished between the
two, other than making sure that startx finds at least one of them.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh