slimp3 server behaving oddly

I run the slimp3 package.  Lately I've been using it a lot more than
usual, because I finally put a client box next to my stereo so that I
can listen to my music on decent speakers.

Anyway.

It just stopped working.  Music was playing, and then it stopped.  I
killed xmms and restarted it, which gave me the remainder of the
buffered music, but then nothing more, and I can't connect to the
slimp3 web interface.  I have tried /etc/init.d/slimp3 restart, as
well as a stop and then start (checking to make sure the slimp3
process was really gone; it was).

When slimp3 is stopped, telnetting to port 9000 gets me the proper

When slimp3 is started, I get the following:

Trying <IP>...
Connected to <IP>.
Escape character is '^]'.

That should bode well .... except that it hangs forever when I do
this:

GET /index.html HTTP/1.1

Any thoughts?

--