Re: Fwd: Re: Another bug of debian package --- Validation issue

On Sunday 16 April 2006 07:29, formless void wrote:
> If both are credible, it won't mess up the system,
> would it?

Sorry, this thread has been painful to read, but I can't let this one pass:

> In any computer language
>
> A = false, B = false, A + B = false
> A = false, B = true, A + B = false
> A = true, B = false, A + B = false
> A = true, B = true, A + B = true

What is your + operator supposed to be here? If it's either ADD or OR, then:

A=false, B=false, A+B=false
A=false, B=true, A+B=true
A=true, B=false, A+B=true
A=true, B=true, A+B=true

What you described is an AND function, which is never represented by a "+"
in *any* computer language, in Boolean mathematics, nor in any field of
formal logic.

Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> <xmpp:wjl@icecavern.net>