Very OT: Mixing Xandros and Debian [WAS: Re: Another bug of debian package --- Validation issue]

Please take the conversation off list. This is OT for this list.

formless void <formlessv@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Linas Žvirblis <0x0007@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > formless void wrote:
> >
> > > Xandros has the reputation of 2006 award winning
> > from
> > > Linux World and this is true if you google it
> >
> > How this is relevant?
>
> Well, it is a proof of their credibility, isn't it?

It depends on who or what this Linux World is.

> > There is nothing Debian people can do to help you.
> > Please ask Xandros
> > related questions at Xandros lists.
> >

> What if Xandros site say that there is nothing Xandros
> can do to help?  Wouldn't it be a loop game again?

Because they don't support foreign packages. And neither does Debian.

> I believe that the parent has to be validated before
> child is done.  This is a logical approach.  Until the
> debian pakckage is approved to be inocent, there is
> always a suspect of a guilty

You are doing something wrong (aside from mixing distros). In order
to validate the package with "Xandros Network" (not a very inspired name
for a piece of software) you need to tell it about the proper
repository, update your database about packages and let it download
and install the package. And even if you do manage to get that package
installed on Xandros, it still might break your whole system. You're
really asking for trouble.

Andrei
(Albert Einstein)