Re: udev, lm-sensors and esd

Felipe Sateler on 15/04/06 22:30, wrote:
Adam Hardy wrote:
I have been researching the issues. It looks like the appropriate
drivers have not been created - for instance, the following paths are
empty or non-existent:

/sys/bus/i2c/devices
/proc/sys/dev/sensors
/proc/acpi/thermal
Seems like you are not loading the modules you should. What does lsmod say?
Regarding the sound, if you are using alsa (which you should), run
dpkg-reconfigure linux-sound-base to ensure the OSS modules aren't loaded
during startup (which prevents alsa from working correctly), and then run
alsaconfig.

Hmm. I have installed all the appropriate alsa packages I could find in synaptic, but I don't have the command alsaconfig on my system.

Where does it come from?

Thanks
Adam