Re: statd not binding to outgoing-port

Sumo Wrestler (or just ate too much) wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

In according to:
http://nfs.sourceforge.net/nfs-howto/security.html#FIREWALLS

one way to force statd to fixed ports is with the -p and -o options.

So I added
STATDOPTS="-p 854 -o 856"
to /etc/init.d/nfs-common.
[...]

Did you add that line before the invoking of /etc/default/nfs-common or
after. Perhaps you should examine /etc/default/nfs-common, as that might
be a better place for your settings.

Note: I've never explicitly used rpc.statd or nfs. I just looked at the
scripts on my system.

/etc/init.d/nfs-common has code to invoke /etc/default/nfs-common. /etc/default/nfs-common sets STATDOPTS. If you set STATDOPTS before the invokation of /etc/default/nfs-common, your settings will be lost.

Good point. Thanks. I completely forgot to look at /etc/default/nfs-common. Let me try it again.