Can't launch Synaptic on Xandros [Was: Re: lyx-common 1.3.4-2 file has got a loop hole]

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 06:52:39 -0700 (PDT)
formless void <formlessv@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Do you know how to get Synaptic work with KDE, Andrei?
>
> I installed it but am unable to launch it and don't
> how to coporate with Xwindows

[quote from Wikipedia]
People in the computer trade commonly shorten the phrase "X Window
System" to "X11" or simply to "X". The term "X Windows" (in the manner
of "Microsoft Windows") is officially deprecated and generally
considered incorrect, though it has been in common use since early in
the history of X and has been used deliberately for literary effect,
for example in the UNIX-HATERS Handbook.
[end quote]

Now to your problem. Are you using a Xandros version or from Debian?
Did you try to get help from the Xandros site? Open a terminal and
launch synaptic. What error message do you get?

Andrei
(Albert Einstein)