Re: Xorg upgrade troubles

On Fri April 14 2006 17:07, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> I use aliases for all apt jobs. I was thinking I was upgrading. But
> actually doing dist-upgrade.
> but for me everything was ok except virtual terminals opening, which
> is no t happening still, though I have the following in my laptop dell
> i600m.
> Option                "XkbRules"      "xorg"
> Option                "XkbModel"      "pc104"
> Option                "XkbLayout"     "gb"

This is probably a silly question but are you sure you're looking
at /etc/X11/xorg.conf? I had the same problem and made the mistake of
changing /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.

Make certain that /etc/X11/xorg.conf is the one that has those three Option
lines.

Rick
--
Rick's Law: What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.