Re: su and X question

On Thursday 13 April 2006 06:07, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 April 2006 09:49, Chris wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Hi I'd like to open X-applications like the in the example below from an
> > su Terminal, but get an Xlib connection error.  I have set up sudo so
> > that: sudo kwrite /etc/fstab works, but how come it doesn't in a normal
> > su Terminal?
>
> Try sudo instead, and better to use the simplest software possible when
> running as root... there are plenty of console editors, I suggest one of
> those as your editor while root.

Thanks for your suggestion.  I do mostly use vi in console as root, but I'm
not a programmer, and I've never figured out how to move or copy blocks of
text in vi.  I took a posters advice an installed sux which allows me to use
kwrite in an su session.  What other editor would you have suggested?

Chris

--
C. Hurschler